PCA’s Large Gathering Venue COVID‐19 Preparedness and Safety Plan has been approved by the state of Nevada’s Department of Business and Industry and we are confidently moving forward with an in-person show July 9—13, 2021 at the Sands Expo Center. This is a show with serious premium cigar retailers ready to stock up their stores. Don’t wait, register to attend or reserve your booth today!
The health and safety of PCA’s members and staff are of utmost priority and we want to deliver this year’s trade show in a format that makes you feel comfortable while still allowing orders to be placed effectively. We’re continuing to monitor developments concerning COVID-19 with local, regional and national resources and will make adjustments accordingly. We will communicate any changes or guidance to our attendees and exhibitors as soon as we are aware.
The Sand’s Expo Clean Commitment was created to reassure visitors that health and safety are top of mind. New cleaning practices for hygiene and sanitation exceed the requirements of the CDC.
We are eager to gather and celebrate the premium cigar and pipe tobacco industry family coming together. We appreciate your support – thank you!
Working together to keep everyone safe
Your safety is our priority. Let’s work together to keep each other healthy, safe and having fun at PCA 2021!
Monitor your health
Practice social distancing
Wear a mask / cover your cough
Wash your hands often
PCA will conduct daily temperature checks
PCA will have around the clock sanitization
Before you arrive
Prepare for PCA 2021 by remembering to:
- PRE-REGISTER (Registration coming soon) to avoid long registration lines and minimize touch points.
- REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION Bring your digital or print confirmation ready when you arrive to PCA 2021. The more prepared you are, the faster entry will be at the show.
- REMEMBER YOUR MASK as they are required to be worn when not smoking, eating, or drinking around Las Vegas. Make sure you have packed several face masks!
- MONITOR YOUR HEALTH If you display any symptoms of COVID-19 and/or have recently been exposed to anyone who tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home. You can refer to the cdc.gov website for any questions on COVID-19 related symptoms.
When You Get To PCA2021
We are taking additional measures to ensure your health and safety. Please plan accordingly and allow extra time when arriving at the show and making appointments.
- ONE WAY ENTRY/EXIT We have designed the show for social distancing and one-way entrances/exits.
- THERMAL TEMPERATURE SCANNING Daily temperature screenings will be conducted for everyone upon entry.
- HEALTH SCREENING You will be asked a series of questions on whether you have displayed any symptoms of COVID-19 and/or have recently been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19. If you are feeling unwell, please stay home!
- SOCIAL DISTANCING We are implementing 6 foot distancing in all queue lines and throughout the show floor with the help of signage, floor graphics and stanchions. Please maintain social distance for your health and safety, as well as out of respect for others. In order for everyone to stay safe, we recommend refraining from hugging and hand shaking. Get creative in your greetings: waving, elbow bumps and salutes are great alternatives! Exhibitors are recommended to use lead retrieval scanners in lieu of exchanging business cards to limit contact and to have contact details to use post show.
- TRANSPARENT BARRIERS We will be placing transparent barriers on registration counters for enhanced safety and our staff will regularly clean all equipment.
- FACE COVERINGS Face masks are required when not smoking, eating, or drinking.
- HAND WASHING & SANITIZING Frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing is encouraged.
- CLEANING & SANITATION Enhanced cleaning protocols throughout the Center and hotel will be implemented by property staff, which is exceeding CDC requirements in their cleaning efforts.
- DOWNLOAD Make sure to download the Nevada COVID Trace App to assist with contact tracing efforts.
For additional answers to Frequently Asked Questions, please view our Update & FAQs page.