As the organization dedication to brick and mortar retail tobacconists, the PCA is your go-to resource for: helping improve your bottom line; keeping you on the cutting-edge of the industry; and fighting to protect our industry from unfair, misguided, and over-reaching regulations. PCA Retailer Membership is open to Premium Tobacconists, Cigar Lounges and other Premium Tobacco Retailers. Scroll down to see all the benefits of membership.
Benefits of Retailer Membership
As a Retailer member of the PCA, you have access to a suite of resources! From tools to help you develop relationships with partners in the industry to information on the latest trends, the PCA is your one-stop-shop for your premium tobacco business.
Annual Convention & Trade Show
With all the premium cigar, pipe and accessory manufacturers under one roof for 3+ days, the PCA Trade Show is the best buying event of the year! Held annually, this mega show includes new products, exclusive releases, special show discounts, and more. And, it is the only trade show that puts all proceeds back into fighting for the premium tobacco industry!
As a benefit of membership, PCA Retailers are eligible for up to three (3) FREE badges to the show! The number of Free badges each Retailer receives is based on membership tier:
|TIER (# of Retail stores)||# of free trade show badges|
|Tier 1 (1 Store)||3 FREE Badges! *|
|Tier 2 (2 Stores)||4 FREE Badges! *|
|Tier 3 (3—5 Stores)||5 FREE Badges! *|
|Tier 4 (6+ Stores)||6 FREE Badges! *|
* Retailers may purchase up to two (2) additional badges for $150 each
Retail Tobacconist Almanac
Looking to order new products or just need to replenish your stock? Want the latest on new releases? Then our Retail Tobacconist Almanac is for you! With comprehensive, detailed information on manufacturers, products, state tax information, events and more, this Almanac is a must for retailers. Produced annually, this 300+ page volume of work includes thousands of premium cigars, pipes, pipe tobacco, lighters, and accessories.
[NEW] Interactive Buyer’s Guide
The PCA now offers an online, interactive Buyer’s Guide, complete with up-to-date company news, products, sales rep info and more. The Buyer’s Guide gives you all the information you need right at your fingertips! And because it’s updated around the clock, you’ll rest assured knowing the information is always correct.
The PCA offers free live and recorded webinars, interactive courses, and in-person workshops on small business topics. Our on-demand classes allow you to learn at your own pace on a variety of topics. Topics include regulatory and compliance, holiday sales tips, financial management, inventory control and more, Browse our events calendar below to see past events and RSVP for an upcoming event today!
MEMBER Discounts for retailers
Save $ through PCA Affinity Programs! As a benefit of membership, PCA Retailers have access to special discounts through our affinity partners.
Credit Card Processing
A credit card processing program customized for premium tobacconists!
A special Business Owners Policy (BOP) insurance for PCA retailer members!
A full suite of discounts exclusively for PCA members through 1-800-Members!
PCA Retailers can get up to 20% off DirecTV programming for your business!
PCA The Magazine
PCA The Magazine is the our industry’s leading publication dedicated to helping you enhance your business. PCA Retailers get this magazine delivered FREE of charge! Through four (4) issues per year, PCA The Magazine includes:
- Case studies and best practices for retailers
- New products
- Insights, tasting and selling tips from manufacturers
- Lessons learned from businesses outside the premium tobacco industry
- Advice from fellow retailers
- Important updates about our fight against over-reaching regulations
- and more!
LEGISLATIVE & COMPLIANCE
The PCA has extensive advocacy programs to fight local, state and federal burdens affecting your business. Through guidance and resources, PCA Retailers can ensure they are operating according to all rules and regulations. In addition, members have several opportunities to help shape the future of the industry through grassroots campaigns and more!
Additional Retailer Member Benefits
In addition to the benefits listed above, PCA Retailers also enjoy these added benefits of membership:
- Resources and guidance to help you communicate effectively with your elected officials.
- Ways to help you advocate for the premium tobacco industry.
- Legislative alerts and opportunities which you can take immediate action on.
- Direct access to legislators through our Legislative Action Center and Cigar Action.
Retailer Membership Eligibility
To become a PCA Retailer, you must:
- Operate a retail store or smoking lounge in a fixed location with retail zoning
- Be a licensed seller of premium cigars, pipes, pipe tobacco and/or related accessories
- Be open to the general public during regular retail business hours
NOTE: Online-only, mail-order-only, mobile tobacco sales services, and private individuals are not eligible for Retailer membership.
To be considered for retailer membership, applicants must provide the following as part of the online application process:
- Copy of State-issued Retail Sales/Business License.
- Copy of State-issued Tobacco Sales License (where applicable).
- Exterior photo of business. Must clearly display storefront and exterior signage visible to the public.
- Interior photo of business. Must clearly show premium tobacco product displays.
- For retailers with multiple locations, must provide primary contact information for each location.
Membership applications are reviewed and approved by the Retail Membership Director. For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Retail Membership Director
Annual Dues for Retailers
Annual dues are based on the total number of premium tobacco retail stores you operate:
|# of retail stores||annual dues|
|1 Retail Store||$400 ($450 if paid after January 31)|
|2 Retail Stores||$550 ($600 if paid after January 31)|
|3—5 Retail Stores||$700 ($750 if paid after January 31)|
|6+ Retail Stores||$850 ($900 if paid after January 31)|